INTRODUCING VENTURE DEBT FOR EMERGING INDIA.
Venture debt is a form of specialty debt financing provided to companies that are not serviced by traditional lenders like Banks. The financing is usually structured as a combination of a loan along with limited equity investment rights (warrants). While established businesses have many options for debt financing, new economy business have only had access to equity financing to fund their growth. We are here to change that.
We fund new economy businesses that are venture capital backed and show a potential of high-growth.
Companies in the Technology, Consumer or Healthcare domain, that typically do not possess any hard assets or collateral that can be used to get a traditional term or working capital loan.
Companies that have raised funding from a reputed Venture Capital fund as we co-invest with them to support your financing needs.
Companies should ideally be growing rapidly, with some revenue generation on a monthly basis. Depending on the stage of business, they should have path to profitability in 24-36 months.
Typical Debt Arrangement.
1-3 Years Term.
Small Equity Stake Option
We roll-up our sleeves to work with founders to get things done. Simple. We’ve been investing in Internet, Technology and Consumer businesses in India for the last decade and have a wealth of operating experience to support potential investee companies.
Meet The Team.
23 years of venture capital investing and operating experience in tech, media and telecom.
- Until recently, M.D. – Canaan Partners a $3 Billion global venture capital fund. Previously, Founding Director of Clearstone Venture Partners, India.
- Served on the Boards/invested in successful companies like BillDesk, Games2Win, Equitas, Naaptol, LoyltyRewardz and AdNear. Personal investor in companies like MediAssist, CarTrade.com, Zopper and Wooplr.
- Startup experience in Silicon Valley and Hutchison Telecom (Vodafone) across emerging markets.
- MBA from Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
25 years of corporate finance, underwriting and treasury experience in tech, consulting and financial services.
- Until recently, M.D. – Ventures and Acquisitions, Accenture plc., a $30 Billion global technology and consulting company.
- Previously CFO of Accenture Credit Services, HeroBPO and Systems America.
- Deep operational experience in building several large businesses and creating successful exits like Zenta.
- Experience of Structured Finance and Ratings at ICRA (A Moody’s Associate) and Debt Funds Management at JM Mutual Fund.
- Master of Management Studies (MMS) from BITS, Pilani; AICWA.
Venture capital pioneer and leading private equity investor in India.
Westbridge Capital Partners
Mckinsey and Co.
Leading technology banker and venture debt expert in Silicon Valley.
Square 1 Bank
Hercules Technology Growth Capital
Silicon Valley Bank
Banking industry veteran with debt, capital markets and investment banking experience.